Student Disciplinary Procedures
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign expects that all of its students will act as responsible citizens whether on campus property or in the community. When a student violates the community standards outlined in the Student Code, the Office for Student Conflict Resolution has the responsibility of administering the Student Disciplinary Procedures as authored and authorized by the Senate Committee on Student Discipline. The office addresses:
- all behavioral violations of the Student Code committed by individuals or student groups.
- violations of the Academic Integrity policy as referred by individual instructors or departments and colleges
The Student Disciplinary Procedures appear below. Please note that you may print a PDF version of this entire document by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. You will also find helpful links to the left which outline other practices, protocols, and frequently asked questions of the discipline process at Illinois.
Table of Contents
- Article I: Background
- Article II: Disciplinary Officer and Subcommittee Hearing Procedures
- Article III: Appeals
- Article IV: Miscellaneous
- Appendix A: Subcommittee Selection and Quorum Requirements for BFA, BSA, and Veterinary Medicine Student Subcommittees
- Appendix B: Actions Possible Related to Organizational Discipline
- Appendix C: Procedures of the Subcommittee on Student Conduct for Law Students
- Appendix D: Appeal Procedures for Cases Involving Sexual Misconduct
Download Student Disciplinary Procedures
You may also download the entire Student Disciplinary Procedures (pdf).